Wednesday, May 18, 2011

TY Review :D

Well, well, well where to I begin????
TY has been such a busy year , even busier than third year. We have so many projects to be doing all year round, but that is not necessarily a bad thing. Most of the projects that we are doing a a fun and interesting, and you get to work with new people. Ty is also a very good opportunity to improve your core subjects. I know it sounds weird, but it is really useful for leaving cert, as you get a whole extra year to practice your core subjects. You have a very good advantage over people who do not do ty. Many people say that ty is a doss, but that could not be further from the truth. Just because it is not about academics does not mean that it is a doss.
We did so many things over the whole year.I wont name all of them because I will be here for years,but here are some:
Social development day, colour me beautiful, fun run, pilates, modern dancing, english plays, mini company, f1 in schools, sean nos dancing, music night, fashion show, swim a mile, croke park, state laboratories visit, Irish youth ballet, young scientist and scifest, tag rugby tournament, easter feaster, charity work, Gaisce......I could go on for ages!!!!
Ty has definitely benefited me. I have met so many new people and made friends for life :) ty gives you opportunities that you would not get in any other year. I learned so many new things, and I will feel a lot more prepared for the LC than I would have if I went straight into 5th year.
You get out of ty what you put into it. Dont just cruise along and hope for the best.You need to put some work in, and then you will get the most out of the year. Ty teached you to be very organised, which is good preparation for the rest of your life. You get great life experiences, like work experience, which makes you feel like a proper worker everyday! You meet great people, and I will really miss Amina and Emnet <3 I know that next year, we will all be even closer.
Ty is an amazing year, quite stressful at times(!) but I would definitely reccomend it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment