Sunday, April 10, 2011

English Boook


For english, we were given the prescribed texts for the leaving cert 2013. We have been told to read at least one novel off this list before easter and to blog about it. This will help us greatly when we go to study these books next year. I have chosen to read "The Great Gatsby" by F. Scott Fitzgerald. I chose this book because I have heard people saying that it is an excellent read. It is set in america in 1922, after the first world war. It is all about life in the "Roaring Twenties" (a.k.a the Jazz Age). The main character is Jay Gatsby, a young man who loves a married woman. There is only 9 chapters in the book, so it is quite short ! I think it is a good book, I am enjoying it so far. I will keep you updated on how I get on :)

No comments:

Post a Comment