Monday, November 15, 2010

Work Experience Day 1

Today was the first day of work experience. I am working in the muscle biology laboratory in NUI Maynooth. I was really nervous but excited when I was going in. I was introduced to my supervisor, who was very nice. She gave a brief outline of what I would be doing and what her work involves. She gave me a tour of the biology department, and then I met all the other workers in the lab. They were all very nice and welcoming. In this lab they look at  muscle diseases. I am in charge of filling the water tanks everyday. I have to wear gloves and a lab coat at all times, for health and safety reasons. Today my task was to make up buffers, which I then had to put into 1ml containers using a pipette. I met up with Leah and Michelle for lunch, which was fun. Overall the day was very good and enjoyable!

No comments:

Post a Comment